Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I went to the DARK SIDE....

Last night we had 6 X 800 on the track. I was excited and nervous. I had a great 12 mile run Sunday but then Monday my body was shot!! I felt ok on the warm-up. My first 800 was 3:30 which was great! I wanted to stay consistent and have all of them at 3:30. I was a bit tired and knew the next 5 would be tough and it was humid out. I went to my bag and got.....my headphones!!!! I have NEVER done a track workout with music but I just needed that extra something to get me through 5 more 800's. Guess what? It worked!!
My splits were 3:30, 3:25, 3:19,3:16, 3:20 and 3:17. Again after the workout I could barely walk to my car but I was very happy with this workout!




The track...although now there is football practice so all the parents watch us run kinda funny!


No comments:

Post a Comment