How Cool is this!!I was tagged in this fun activity!
There are a few basic rules with this award:
1. You have to thank the giver, and provide a link to the post. Thanks a ton to Julie over at You Just have to Tri
2. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
3. Award 15 other newly discovered blogs the same award (I changed this one up a little as you will see below.
7 Fun Facts
1. The reason I named my blog Happy Runner Girl is that was my user name on Match.com and that is where I met my husband. I thought that was a good title and good luck.
2. I ran cross-country and track in high school and college. My high school coach did a great job of turning me into a life long runner! I even ran with Kara Goucher (Wheeler then) when she was a 9th grader at the state CC meet in 1992 ha! I was only a minute and nine seconds behind her in a 2 mile race LOL!!
3. I recently fell in love with hiking 14er's out in Colorado. As a runner all my life I used to think hiking was so boring but once you make it to the top it's amazing and 14er's are HARD!
4. I love traveling, especially with my husband, we usually go to Mexico and it helps that I speak Spanish!
5. I want to be a mom someday! I am 35 I better get going :)
6. I know I can PR in a few more races but I fear the pain sometimes and my competitiveness gets in the way. I just need to run for me!
7. I love my job and am so happy I chose the correct career path for me, I am a high school counselor, but my next career dream is to teach at the college level. (I already have an application in to teach night school and a local university).
So most of the blogs I read aren't new...so I thought I would choose some inspiring/motivational blogs here...
Running, TRI-ing and Living
Blue eyed Runner
Hungry Runner Girl
Historian on the Run
Chicago Runner Girl