Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mexico 2011

I am back from 2 weeks in Cancun! I will keep this brief however I also am using this as my journal so we'll see how it goes.

The resort was all inclusive, which we love. We stayed at the resort for a few days to get in relaxation mode then we would take a trip pretty much every other day. We also went to Senor Frogs a few times which was fun. Mostly we hung out at the bar and chatted with others

Cancun has way better weather than playa del Carmen in my opinion. It was hot but not miserable hot.
I LOVED our resort. We met the nicest people and in this day and age how nice to have something like facebook to keep in touch.

On that note how nice to not be on a computer for 2 weeks!! I was worried because I am addicted to FB, blogger and dailymile but I am so proud of myself. Not going to lie I did get on but not crazy. When I have the ocean in front of me and great PEOPLE LIVE to talk with why do I need to be on a computer??!!

View from our room. 

New Friends from Rhode Island and Idaho

Great family from Illinois. 


Read the Hunger games and OMG I need to read the last 2 in the series. I am so mad I didn't buy them. The rest of the books I read were not as good.

Stayed up one night until after 3AM no not at the discoteca actually seeing the coolest thing EVER!
We watched sea turtles come up to the beach and lay their eggs, bury them and then go back to the ocean.


Celebrated 3rd year anniversary. I am so lucky I have a great husband and marriage.

Concepcion....we'll see

Rented a car in Mexico!! It wasn't that bad. Went to Tulum, Coba and Valladolid. What an adventure!


Did an excursion to Chitzen Itza and swam in a cenote.




Isla Mujeres

This is the most eastern point in Mexico, 


Mercado 23

The Mexican market. We were the only Americans there. We were so sick of getting harassed at the other stores. 


Running

I am pretty happy on working out. We ran either on the beach or streets or treadmill, which looked over the ocean. Running on the sand really hurt my plantar facitis so I usually did TM and then my husband and I lifted. We didn't do this everyday but the days we stayed at the resort. We also swam and walked a ton.

MORE LATER!

No comments:

Post a Comment