Monday, January 21, 2013

Apex Trail

I have been meaning to blog about my favorite trail runs, but I always forget my camera. So today when my friend and I decided to run the Apex trail in Golden, CO and I actually remembered my camera and decided to document the run.

First of all this one is about 20 minutes from my house so pretty easy to get to. We haven't gotten much snow this winter so it was runable today!



My friend Jamie :) At the beginning.


One perk is that there is a porta potty at the trailhead.

Today our run was 5.75 miles and average pace was around 12 minute miles with a 1200 ft elevation gain.
It was 27 degrees when we started and by the end it was in the 40's.

The loop we did today was rolling so worked hard on the climbs and enjoyed the downhills except on the snowy/icy sections.


Lots of rocks.

At the top

More views from the top...

Heading down....

We usually see lots of wildlife while trail running!
Great trail run today!
 Overall a great day to trail run in Colorado!

How often do you trail run?

How far are you willing to drive to a trailhead?

No comments:

Post a Comment