Monday, April 13, 2015

Harper is 1! What??!!

I finally feel like writing again! It has been awhile since my last post. I do want to keep my blog up somewhat to document these years. I journal as well so I guess I was getting lazy with the blog.

Lots has been going on...

My baby girl turned 1 March 30. I can't believe how fast the year went. It was tough, challenging and so rewarding.

Right when I felt I was in a good place and felt so good being a parent BAM I found out I was pregnant and I started getting really tired and not feeling well and I have had to re-adjust.

We are so excited. It took us about two years to get pregnant with Harper and I just thought it would take us awhile for the second. We were thinking two years apart would be nice. My cycles were way off so didn't really think anything of it. They will be 18 months apart.

I am so grateful! I know both sides now. The struggle and the disappointment every month of trying, the ovulation kits, books on fertility and tricks and then the opposite. The holy cow I heard that this happens to others, but never thought me! It really has shown me gratitude and appreciation.

Oh man my body was a mess for awhile there. I was determined to breastfeed for a year and that took a toll on my body. I made it though! That was challenging for sure! Especially when Harper stopped taking the bottle at 9.5 months and only wanted to nurse. I have started the weaning process and am feeling much better. Morning sickness got me good this time as well. I am 16 weeks and on the mend with that as well.

I am having a BOY! I think that is awesome! I am nervous since I had a younger sister and aren't really used to boys, but am looking forward to it.

Running...

I was going strong up through Christmas. We traveled for a week and I ate a lot. Got back into it and then at about 6 weeks pregnant my body was just too depleted. I tried. I think I ran once a week. I am trying to get back into it now though and running three times a week easy and lifting once a week. Feeling good overall. I know how important it is to stay in shape while pregnant and want the weight to come off easily after birth so I will keep doing what I feel capable of.

There is a 4 mile race that I have been comped for June 27th and I may run it easy. However, we may be out of town so we will see.

I plan to hike lots this summer and go on bike rides. We have the attachment for Harper to enjoy the rides as well.













No comments:

Post a Comment