Monday, November 19, 2012

Checking in...

I have been pretty consistent in running and have found a love for the treadmill. I run 4 miles on it 2-3 times a week on the week (work) days. I think consistency on the treadmill has helped my fitness as well. Since my job is so unpredictable on what might happen at the end of the day I love that I am getting my workout in early. Then I run outside on the weekends and include hills.

I signed up for a 5k in November and then a 10k in December to kick-off my winter/spring training and to end 2012 on a good running note.

The 5k was this past Saturday in Arvada,CO. The weather was great and this was a low key race. 44 people ran the 5k. There was also a10k that more people ran. The course was all on bike path and was an easy out and back. The first mile was flat and then a nice downhill....hence my first mile split was 6:55. I was thinking to myself that might hurt me later but kept on. Mile 2 was 7:36. The last mile was very tough with the uphill. My mental strength was trying hard but I was hurting bad. I was sucking wind and I tried really hard to push it, but I know I could have done better. My last mile was 7:50. I obviously need to work on more even splits. I was wearing my heart rate monitor and my average HR was 184. This is almost 95% of  my maximum heart rate so that means I was running hard. I am happy with my fitness level and know there is still room for improvement. My final time was 22:34. I was 4th overall and 2nd female.

The course was gorgeous with great views of the mountains. Organized race overall.

Next race is a10k in Denver in 5 weeks. This one will be huge so I am grateful for this fun local 5k. I even got to stand on a podium!!!!

The Gang







No comments:

Post a Comment